Followers

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Monday Hostess


Good Morning everyone!  It's Melissa and I get to host the first Monday Hostess in March.

OK, so I have a question for you.  How many of you have been in a situation where you know something special is coming up and you keep reminding yourself of this special something like every day and then when it gets here, you're caught by surprise?  Yeah, come on.  Be honest.  We've all been there a time or two.
Well, last night Wendy emailed me at 6:09 pm to make sure I had my Monday post ready to put to draft.  I didn't read the email until 7:18 pm.  Guess who forgot?  Yep, that would be me in the back of the room hesitating to put my hand up.  But, hey, no worries I'm working with Digital Delights by Looby Loo stamps so something is bound to come together.
Wendy makes it so easy for those who need something special but who are short on time.  A quick tutorial found on Splitcoast Stampers and great supplies, you can come up with something like this....
I found directions to create an Explosion Box on SCS here.  I watched the video for the basic concept and then set to work.  Here's where Wendy comes in.  First of all, she creates the most adorable images and digital papers.  Some of these images are available in colored versions.  Here's the new Chompers available in a pre-colored format.

Then I also printed this sweet paper from the also newly released paper pack Spring has Sprung.  It's matches Barely Banana perfectly as well as Tempting Turquoise and Pixie Pink.
I added a sentiment to the bottom of the box, covered it with chocolates and viola - instant project.  Time check - 8:15 pm.  From video viewing to printing to done... 1 hour.  I'm ready to party!
I hope you enjoyed my little project today and that it inspires you to create something sweet and fun whether you have days to plan or only an hour.  Happy Monday!

Hugs
Melissa

2 comments on "Monday Hostess"

Wendy on March 5, 2012 at 8:31 AM said...

Fabulous post and wonderful project Melissa:)
Hugs
Wendy

happyscrapper on March 7, 2012 at 8:47 AM said...

I am going to have to try this for my kids. They would get a kick out of it.