Followers

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Egg Shaped Card tutorial


Hi guys,
A little different post today! So many of you have emailed me about how to make Frances card that she made in last weeks post!
Frances has very kindly put together a tutorial for us on how she made it!!
BIG HUGS Frances!!! and over to you..........
Hi, to All!
Since I have received a few requests about how I made the Easter "egg-shaped" card for Digital Delights, I would like to share with you some steps on
how to achieve this.

First, this is the finished card using Easter Bianca

you'll need the Spellbinders Grand Oval dies


 First step, is to cut (2) pieces from the biggest die, you use one for the card base and half of the other to complete the easel style card.
Then fold the first piece in half and the top half fold it again towards the center.


Next step, glue the cut in half portion to the front of the folded piece, making sure you achieve the oval shape.

For decorating, I used the next size die for the designer paper. Then you can embellish as you like.

 Hope this helps you create this easel type card on time for you Easter greeting cards.

If you need more details please let me know.

Hugs,

9 comments on "Egg Shaped Card tutorial"

Gloria Westerman on March 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM said...

Thank you so much!!! This looks easy enough....will be making one of these....tfs

Sandra H on March 11, 2012 at 4:53 AM said...

This is beautiful l like easel cards they are gorgeous as is your card its beautiful xx

happyscrapper on March 11, 2012 at 8:29 AM said...

I will have to do this. Love the finished card.

karen on March 11, 2012 at 12:19 PM said...

Brilliant, I actually have these nesties so will give it a try, hugs, Karenx

Eskimo Frosting on March 11, 2012 at 5:39 PM said...

Fantastic card.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Chriss America Real on March 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM said...

I am so excited to try this! I have the oval shaped spellbinders!

Hugs,

Chriss

Sunshine HoneyBee on March 13, 2012 at 2:06 PM said...

Can you please tell me the size of the largest oval in this Spellbinders set? I have a Cricut and can cut the oval if I know the size. I have 2 different Spellbinders Oval sets but not the Grand one so if I know the size I can cut with Cricut. Please respond. My email addy with blanks removed & symbols placed for the words atsign & dot is:
sunshine_honeybee2004 atsign yahoo dot com
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Frances on March 13, 2012 at 7:01 PM said...

Melissa, I sent you a email. thanks for asking, hugs Frances.

Judy on August 16, 2016 at 9:07 AM said...

Hi, I also have the same question about size of circles. I have a ScanNCut

Thank you
jaydee53@shaw.ca
Judy Donnelly